History of Techni-Grip
The Techni-Grip Work Holding System was borne directly from our manufacturing company's efforts to solve a number of work-holding challenges that all CNC mill work creates.
We wanted to solve the challenges of:
- part stability and security when in the cut;
- dimensional repeatability;
- reducing raw material requirements for work-holding purposes;
- improving work-piece accessibility;
- standardizing work-holding thereby greatly reducing dedicated tooling and fixture
- providing the ability to run large or multiple workpieces on the same fixture;
- eliminating the need for soft jaws in as many cases as possible;
- the ability to swap fixtures from machine to machine without complications;
- reduce the amount of torque required to secure workpieces thereby reducing the
preloaded stress in the raw material/workpiece when in the cut.
We succeeded at solving these work-holding challenges with the Techni-Grip system and after utilizing our homegrown fixture design for over a year’s time we began receiving requests from other manufacturers to build them one.
These requests grew and in 2000, we applied for a patent on the Techni-Grip design. We began marketing our work-holding solution to pass along the cost savings we were realizing in our company to our customers as well.